La Ruta LLC offers the opportunity to:
Acquire La Ruta: "The Sahara", a 13-week, 30-minute documentary series
- Available as early as June 2009 or ninety days from commitment
- Produced in both Hispanic and English languages
- Exclusive USA broadcast, cable and internet distribution
- Unlimited telecasts during the terms of the agreement
As additional options we also offer the opportunity to:
Acquire a second series in year one. We propose Oceania.
- Acquire all seven series to be delivered and telecast in a mutually agreeable period.
- Suggest that we provide two new series per year –that would yield four years of original programming (26-original episodes/year).
- Same terms and conditions would apply to each series.
- The cost per episode would be held constant for the term of the contract.
- Commitments to two series for year one will generate a discount for each episode for both series.
- We would also hold that price as our base for the remaining five series.
- An upfront commitment to acquire ALL seven series will generate deeper discounts for each episode, commencing with the Sahara.
- First refusal on any future programs with terms to be negotiated. La Ruta LLC antiiaptes producing four new series in the 2011-2015 time period.
La Ruta represents a unique cultural-anthropological documentary series. The viewers take exciting road trips, where they become engaged in an empathetic exchange with the indigenous people encountered.
Since the series was originally filmed for a Hispanic audience, it has a proven record of accomplishment against that important and growing USA market segment. In Chile "The Sahara" attained a (19.6%) rating in prime time. That success can be immediately translated to the USA television market.
The English version has an original soundtrack and script. It is not an awkward translation or filled with boring sub-titles. This will maximize its exposure potential by televising the series' over a broad spectrum of networks.
From an advertising perspective, La Ruta can be marketed to both Hispanic and English audiences. A tailor-made merchandising plan can be coordinated and built to expand on the “one name and two audience concept”.
In summary, You will receive:
- 182 original episodes over four years – 91 in both languages.
- Unlimited exposure during the terms of the contract.
- A potential four-year exposure window for each series.
- Telecasting options for La Ruta well into 2020.
- A program that has generated large TV audiences in Chile.
- The significant savings over the life of the contract with an upfront commitment.